What We Are
We are a unique school designed to provide for the general needs of public, home, and higher education.
We harness individualized motivated learning in pursuit of the fulfillment of students ultimate potential.
We provide and maintain the structure, organization, and training for the means, methods, and techniques we employ in this pursuit.
We accept students of primary, secondary, middle, high school, collegiate, and post-collegiate ages.
All students are born with wonder and curiosity, but often the most gifted among us feel ostracized and out of place within the educational status quo. Sometimes it takes a special type of help or sort of situation to assist these individuals to be able to open up and develop their inherent gifts.
Here at the Thirdofeight Institute, we provide a culture that facilitates individuals with strong curiosity and a desire to create. We help them safely and carefully open their hearts and grow in important ways. We see our role as helping them develop from what they are into the best people they can become. We help them discover and harness the gifts and abilities they have inside.
We believe that efficiency and effectiveness in education relies on seven interrelated factors:
1. Awaken curiosity and imagination in students through specialized and immersive play.
2. Help identify within students subjects that resonate with his or her strong extant motivation.
3. Note these strong motivations and encourage and help students to formulate measurable goals in these subjects.
4. Provide mentoring and guidance to help students on their path forward. Provide access to students to adequate expertise, resources, and truth to answer students' goal-motivated questions.
5. Help provide sufficient opportunities for students to be able to adequately apply the new knowledge through relevant applicable market-based experiences.
6. Maintain adequate and thorough records and awareness of student progress.
7. Promote, design, provide, and orchestrate opportunities for students to connect with relevant audiences within the community.
This process, while straightforward and simple, requires a high degree of initial parent/guardian and mentor involvement. We take our responsibility over our students' educations quite seriously.
How To Enroll
Enrollment at the Thirdofeight Institute begins with an interview. One of our counselors will ask you and your parent or guardian a variety of questions that both assess your fitness for our program, as well as help us to craft a curriculum specifically catered to where you are at. We also get a sense of what drives you, what your gifts might be, and what you'd like to become.
Once you complete your interview, we will let you know whether you've been accepted, and where to go from here.
SIGN UP FOR AN INTERVIEW
In order to get an interview, please fill out this short application here.
Upon receiving the afore mentioned application, a counselor will contact you directly to schedule an assessment with the student and his or her parents or guardians. Before the interview, it is recommended that the student, if at least eleven years old, and under the direction of his or her parent or guardian, take a Myers-Briggs personality test to provide us with a basic awareness of his or her personality. The results of this will help the counselor to assess the needs of the student more quickly.